The Rideau River Residence Association (RRRA) is the student government that represents undergraduate students living in residence at Carleton University. Founded in 1968 and incorporated in 1976 The Rideau River Residence Association (RRRA) is the oldest and largest residence association in Canada serving over 3600 students at Carleton.
RRRA operates Abstentions convenience store, manages a volunteer and Parliament Hill Program, and hosts a wide variety of entertainment and educational events on campus. As well RRRA is a partner during Carleton University Orientation Week
RRRA is comprised of three executives, office staff, and 63 residence students who sit on council representing each floor on residence. The executives are responsible for carrying out the day to day matters of The Association. The President is responsible for overseeing the financial matters of the association, and the overall well being of RRRA. The Vice-President Administration’s role is to oversee council and the constitution, administer yearly elections and the Parliament Hill program. while the Vice-President Programming is responsible for coordinating events and programming for residence students.
Recent accomplishments RRRA has done at Carleton University:
– Successfully lobbied and dropped a $235.00 Room phone charge for students
– Hosted the first Mayoral Debate during the 2014 Ottawa Municipal Elections
– Successfully lobbied for the all access meal plan on Residence for all residence students
– Launched the Consent is Mandatory Program in tackling sexual violence on Campus
– Implemented Move-Out Services for Students at the end of the year
– Brought $135,000 worth of Sponsorship and Giveaways for students
– Successfully brought more Halal Food Option in the Residence Dining Hall
– Revamped the Parliament Hill Program for more residence students to have an opportunity to work in Ottawa’s Political Landscape