CARLETON HEALTH INSURANCE OPT-OUT
If you are already covered by an equivalent health and/or dental plan (such as a parent or spouse’s employee benefit plan), you can opt out during the Change-of-Coverage Period and receive a credit to your student account for the amount of the Plan. The Change-of-Coverage Period is from Sept. 6 – Oct. 2, 2017.
You can only opt out of the Health Plan upon showing proof of other equivalent health coverage. Similarly, you can only opt out of the Dental Plan with other equivalent dental coverage. You can opt out completely from the CUSA Health & Dental Plan upon showing proof of other equivalent health and dental coverage.
If you feel you do not need a U-Pass with OC Transpo and would like more information about opting out of the U-Pass fee, click here: http://carleton.ca/upass/opt-out/
Here are some requirements to qualify for the opt-out:
– You reside outside the OC Transpo service area
– You participate in a co-op work program for at least one term
– You participate in an exchange or study abroad term
– You study exclusively online through CUOL
– You participate in an internship of conduct research outside of Ottawa for more than 60 days per term
– You already hold a U-Pass as issued from another post-secondary institution in Ottawa
– You are registered with the Canadian National Institute for the blind
– You are registered with ParaTranspo but reside in the rural trasit area (Area A)
– You are a student with disabilities who is registered with the PMC
The full refund opt-out was Sept. 14, but students can still opt-out late for a pro-rated fee adjustment!
You can find more information at www.opirgcarleton.org/blog/opirg-carleton-opt-out-period
The opt-out period is from December 4th to December 8th